The World Federation of Trade Unions is protesting against the government of Kazakhstan for its anti-labor policy and its antidemocratic and anti-trade unionist practices.
Five years have elapsed since the cruel slaughter of workers in oil in the city of Zhanaozen, where militant trade unionists and workers have lost their lives, where thousands of others have been dismissed, where leading workers have unfairly been put in prison. The Government of Kazakhstan continues the terrorism and the threatening against all those who resits to its anti-popular policies. The most recent victims are the workers in the oil industry “Aktau” Mukhtar Umbetov and Kenzhegali Suyeuov who are persecuted due to their trade unionist activity.
The World Federation of Trade Unions who has in its capacity 92 million members in 126 countries of the world demands:
– The state violence and the employers’ authoritarianism to stop immediately
– The persecutions against trade unionists immediately to come to an end; the imprisoned militants to be released.
– The immediate punishment of those who are guilty of the workers’ massacre.
– The trade unionist and democratic rights to be recognized and respected.
– The real trade unions who are defending the real rights of workers to be legalized
– The immediate recruitment of all dismissed workers back to their jobs.